As is long-standing school policy, the scholarship committee reviews all applications with the understanding that yeshiva tuition takes priority over discretionary spending.
Deadline for Financial Aid applications is May 10th.
Financial Aid Guidelines
We encourage all parents to carefully evaluate their own ability to pay school costs and expect families to contribute to the educational cost of their child at the highest possible level given their economic situation. While the Scholarship Committee is sensitive to the needs of applicants, please recognize that every dollar of scholarship awarded must be raised through Annual Dinner and other fundraising efforts.
In addition to income, the Scholarship Committee will consider certain discretionary spending, including, but not limited to: car payments, Charity (as a general rule, other than donations to one’s shul or mikvah, tuition payments should take precedence over other charitable giving), 401(k) contributions, vacations, summer programs (especially for high school aged children) and semachot. Other spending, including for college and gap years, for which other sources of funding including loans may be available, will be taken into consideration. Any expenditures in these categories should be explained at the end of the application.
If children in one family attend multiple yeshiva day schools, then each school must be approached for aid, proportional to their tuition rates. As high school tuition is generally higher than day school tuition, we expect parents to pay proportionally more for high school than day school.
Scholarship determinations (sometimes referred as Grants or Awards) from prior years are in no way a guarantee or indication that a similar level of scholarship award will be granted for future years.
Scholarship funds can only be applied towards tuition accounts. Other fees, including Registration, Building Fund, Security, Student Activities and Transportation, are not eligible for scholarship and must be paid for all students.
Please note that your daughter must be registered, with registration fees paid or scheduled, in order for your application to be reviewed by the committee. All required supporting documentation must be included with the application by the deadline in order to be processed.
The deadline for financial aid applications is May 10th. Applications that miss the financial aid deadline, except in extenuating circumstances such as loss of employment, illness or death, may not be considered. Ma’ayanot cannot guarantee scholarship funds will be available to applicants who do not comply with the deadline. This includes late transfer applications. We strongly encourage all families to complete the application as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed in the order they are received.
After receiving a scholarship determination, the family may appeal the decision in writing with a letter or email to the committee. Appeals must be received within 10 days of receiving their determination and are limited to one per family.
Transfer students who are applying for financial aid must submit their application within two weeks of acceptance. Ma’ayanot cannot guarantee scholarship funds will be available for late transfer student applicants.
Financial Aid Application Instructions
STEP 1 – Login
Login to FACTS. If you have created a FACTS account to pay tuition at any school at any time, you have an existing account to log in with. It doesn’t matter what school you were enrolled in at the time that your FACTS account was created. If you have never enrolled in FACTS, create an account. Please see these FAQs from FACTS for help to login or reset your password. You can also contact FACTS at 866-441-4637 for assistance.
STEP 2 – Complete Application
- Choose “Start Application” to apply for Financial Aid.
- Select the term of 2023-2024
- Select “Add School / Organization” on the first page and add all schools where you will have children enrolled for the 23-24 year (see more detailed instructions below).
- PLEASE NOTE: When you get to the page with all of your children, you must also add each child and which school he/she attends in order for your financial aid application to be sent to each school. Please click the box that says “Apply for Award”
- The parent completing the application is considered the applicant. In cases where the parents are married or filing jointly, the second parent is required to be listed as the co-applicant. Any adult living in the household who financially contributes and/or has expenses in your home must be included on the application as a co-applicant. Divorced parents would not list each other as a co-applicant if each parent is filing a separate aid application.
- In the “Additional Questions” section, the first question requires every applicant to submit a written narrative to explain their particular circumstances and why they are applying for aid. The Scholarship Committee stresses the importance of providing these critical inputs in making a determination, without which, the application is comprised of mere data and numbers devoid of vital color to the circumstances. For instance, if one spouse is not employed, it is helpful to provide an explanation of any relevant circumstances. If COVID-19 has affected your finances / employment, please explain your situation and your expectations how/when you expect your finances may change as the pandemic subsides.
HOW TO ADD SCHOOLS – Please refer to these step-by-step directions to help with your application
Search by zip code or name and then select the participating school.
- Teaneck schools (07666): Heichal HaTorah, KC KIDS at He’Atid, Ma’ayanot Yeshiva, Torah Academy of Bergen County
- Englewood schools (07631): Moriah School
- Paramus schools (07652): Ben Porat Yosef, The Frisch School, Yavneh Academy, Yeshivat Noam
- River Edge (07661): Yeshiva of North Jersey (RYNJ)
- Other yeshivot in the tri state area including Central Jersey, Rockland County, Manhattan, Riverdale, Westchester, etc. should be added by searching for them by name or zip code.
- If you have children in unlisted yeshivot, college or daycare with tuition requirements, you must search by zip code “07666” and select “Other Institution.” Then you will be able to list the students enrolled in these other places when you get to the students’ page.
- You must select “Yes” for the question under each student in the Bergen County area that asks “Is [student name] applying for award consideration?”
STEP 3 – Application Fee
There is a non-refundable application fee of $40.00 per household. The same application can be applied to multiple institutions using the FACTS Grant & Aid portal for the same single fee. FACTS accepts all major credit cards (Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover). This payment goes directly to FACTS and not to any of the participating schools. If this fee is a hardship, please contact your business office to request a waiver.
The scholarship committee recognizes an additional fee assessed on the families who are most in need for aid is not ideal, but, unfortunately, this was unavoidable. The committee will take the financial aid application fee in consideration when making their determination.
STEP 4 – Documentation
Upload your supporting documentation. Depending on your application, some or all of the following documents may be required. Please note that your tax documents only need to be uploaded once when they will be reviewed and verified by FACTS. The other supplement documents (mortgage statement, bank statement, etc) will need to be uploaded to each school that you are applying to for aid, as they are reviewed by each business office.
- U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, supporting schedules, and business returns.
- 2022 IRS Federal Form 1040, Schedule 1, Schedule 2, Schedule 3
- 2021 IRS Federal Form 1040, Schedule 1, Schedule 2, Schedule 3
- Dependent Statement if claiming more than 4 dependents
- W-2 Wage and Tax Statements for 2022 and 2021
- Supporting documentation for household Nontaxable Income
- Mortgage statement for home owners
- Real estate tax bill for home owners
- Bank statement
- 401(k) account statement, if applicable
- 529 Plan account statement, if applicable
Your application will not be processed without the required support documents.